Sunday, March 30, 2008

Point Reyes National Seashore


Saturday, Alayna and I drove to Point Reyes 
to enjoy our last free moments before the end of our Spring Recess.  
Alayna took charge of the camera and took some of the most incredible pictures, about 400 of them!
We can't wait to seriously sit down and pick some to frame.
I can definitely say, we have a budding photographer.
I got to sneak a few pictures in, but they were mostly of her!

We first visited the Miwok village and then walked the earthquake trail.  

We then drove to Drake's Bay and took the shuttle to the lighthouse. 

We even walked all the way down to the lighthouse.  
It was cold and extremely windy.
We laughed when we read a "warning" sign that explained
 the rigor of climbing the stairs was equivalent to 
climbing a 30-story building.  
We were on the look out for whales but missed them twice, 
on the way down to the lighthouse and then on the way up.
On the way back up, we kept getting the giggles 
which made climbing the stairs that much more difficult.
It was such a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

WOW, Alayna!! Those pictures are great! I want to take our kids on some similar trips. We'll have to go together sometime.

Kelly Jensen said...

It looks so beautiful there! What a fun little trip! I need one of those.