June 28, 2008, we became the proud parents of another little kitten.
This is a picture of Alayna and Ernie on the way home from
the animal shelter in Martinez.
Alayna loving named him ERNIE.
I think she just liked the name
but she did have a great-great uncle who she just loved named Ernie, too!
I thought it was a sweet name for a sweet kitten.
He was so sweet and so different from Link as a kitten.
He was curious, snuggly, affectionate, hilarious, playful,
and he helped Link not to be such a scaredy-cat!
He even came when he was called.
Before I even got a chance to blog his arrival into our family. Ernie became very sick and passed away. He just stopped eating, drinking, and couldn't ever make it to the litter box in time. We had only had him for about 2 1/2 weeks before we saw the dramatic decline in his health. He had no energy. He could barely walk anywhere. It really broke our hearts to look at him. We took him into the Vet's and to make a long story short, within a week he slipped into a coma and we had to put him down.
You can call me a a wimp or whatever but it was so hard to let him go even after 3 short weeks. We really fell head-over-heels with that little guy. We tried every intervention that the doctor gave us. The vet even took him home and tried to nurse him at his own house! They are positive what happened but are saying that he had Fading Kitten Syndrome.
I'm still not ready for another kitten.
I just don't think I can replace this sweet little guy.
2 comments:
He was a sweet little guy. My kids still ask about him. Sad days... we'll have to find a low rider this time! :) xoxoxoxo
This breaks my heart! Oh sweet Ernie, may you rest in heaven!
Post a Comment