Friday, August 10, 2007

Country Bumpkin

Every August, Alayna and I drive down to Oakdale to visit family and watch my cousins kids show their animals in Turlock at the Stanislaus County Fair.

Alayna loves staying with Uncle Bob and Aunt Tina.
They live on 66 acres with horses, cattle, dogs, and room to just wander.

She also loves helping out in the swine barn.  It was so hot this day that even though there were fans blowing mist in the barn, the pigs were just miserable.  Alayna took advantage of having an excuse to hold a water-bottle that doubled as a mister to startle me with a squirt a time or two.

Travis shows the swine.  I think he brought down like 2 ro 3.
Shelby is now showing her heifer, Lola. She did show a pig, also.

I know when we leave, they all laugh at us.  We are definitely city folk, but seem to have the need to visit them frequently to get our country fix.  I am grateful we are only about 2 hours away so visits can be often and usually are.  

No comments: