SO...there are no pictures to follow this posting and Alayna will kill me for doing this but...On Tuesday, we were running errands (Target, Longs, Rubio's, etc.). While in the Electronics department in Target, a guy asked us where the CD's were in this store. This wasn't his "regular" Target so he didn't know where things were. We showed him, he thanked us and we continued to browse. Alayna and I had separated, we were both looking at different movies. She then calls out to me "Mom, do we have this movie?" I turned around to see what movie she had and couldn't tell exactly because the lost Target shopper was between us. Then I hear, "Wait a minute! YOU ARE HER MOTHER!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE HER SISTER!" I just laughed. Alayna WAS NOT amused.
It gets better though! So then we headed over to Rubio's for Fish Taco Tuesday's. We had eaten our tacos and I went to refill our drink when a Richmond firefighter asked me how I like the Vanilla Coke. I said that I liked it. He then asked if it was sweet. I answered. He just kept asking me questions about the Coke! But they were just silly little questions like he just wanted to keep talking to me. (Not that I am complaining!) After 10 or so Coke questions I finally had to tell him I didn't want to be rude but my daughter was waiting for me that we were on our way out. I think he was flirting over Vanilla Coke!
So how often does that happen (within an hour), to be called your daughter's sister and have a firefighter flirt with you!? And I wasn't even dressed cute!
Poor Alayna! Good thing it's so far and few between!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sweet!!!! Target and Coke flirting all in one day!!! How lucky can one girl get. LOL. See Karley you are one HOT MOM!!!!
I am not at all suprised! Just suprised to hear that it doesn't happen more often. What a great day.
You are so SPECIAL! (wink-wink!) Your daughter is lucky to have such a hip young mom!
It should happen more.....and really, Alayna should come to terms with having a hot mom!! :)
Don't be jealous of a hot mama when you see one Alayna! Be happy it is YOUR mama. :)
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! You guys are so cute. Wow, Alyana really turned from a kid to a teenager since I last saw her. *snick* sunrise, sunset... :)
Take care, Becca S.
LOL!!!!! Robert and I found your Target anecdote extremely amusing. Don't you love it when someone mistakes you for a teenager???
I can see how Alayna would not be quite so amused.
Post a Comment