Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Beach is Bed Rest....Right?

While my WHOLE family was in San Gabriel, CA celebrating the blessing of the newest member of our family, I was home on bed rest.  I was bummed but glad that everyone in my family was still able to get together and that I wasn't preventing anyone from missing anything. 

I was just missing them.

But to my rescue, some sweet friends included me in their 
Mother's Day Celebration.



We went to Muir Beach and I got to relax with 
many incredible people around me.



I sat and did nothing but eat and take pictures from a chair. 
(Kind of embarrassing looking back on it now!)




The food was yummy but the company was even more delicious!



I learned a new way to make S'mores (one of my favorite things).



I also learned that this next time around, 
I need to be more "fun" and get in there!


Thank you to my patient and understanding family.

Thank you to friends who think past themselves.



2 comments:

Kelly Jensen said...

YAY!! I am so glad you didn't get "in trouble" for coming with us! I think we should do it again soon. What is up with this chilly weather? Give us our 90 degrees back! XOXOXOXO We love you!

Mindy said...

The beach is the best kind of bed rest around! I'm sooo glad you were able to come! It was so fun hanging out with you. And your potato salad made the day. :)