Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NST

On Thursday, 5/21, I had one of my twice weekly NST to monitor my blood pressure and the "baby's" heart rate. Alayna wanted to come, so I picked her up from school a few minutes early and drove down to the doctor's office.

The goal each NST is to get the baby's heart rate to accelerate twice in 2o minutes with a difference of 15 beats between the baseline and the accelerated rate. I had tried to eat a lot of "sweet stuff" before I went down hoping to get the baby a little sugar high to get it moving.



They hooked me up like they normally do and we waited...


and waited but...

like all my NST's (but one), we never got the heartrate to accelerate.

So as usual, they sent us to Oakland's Labor and Delivery for a prolonged NST.
We're usually there for a few hours and then they send us home.


That's USUALLY the way things go...

2 comments:

Marie HMJ said...

Congratulations Karley, on little Bryce! love the name. we actually called S Bryce for awhile while I was pregnant. I saw the meal request on the Berkeley Email list, and hopped right over to your blog hoping for pictures. Im still hoping :)
Congrats again! Maybe Bryce and Carina will be friends.
love, marie

Kelly Jensen said...

Update this little blog!! :) We all know that sweetie is here! We love you guys.