Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Uncle Frank!


Today is Frank's Birthday! 


(Sorry Kendra if I am stealing your thunder!) 
But I just wanted to give him a Shout-Out.

Frank is the best Brother-In-Law. 
Kendra did an excellent job with her choice.

He is funny, patient, generous, thoughtful,
 and a fabulous father and uncle.

I know this because she has been so wonderful to Alayna (his niece).

She just loves him.   
 She always has!
Above is a picture of them after her baptism and confirmation.  
She asked him to confirm her when she was eight.  
(She was too "scared" he'd hold her under water too long!)




When Kendra and Frank started dating, Alayna was about 18 months. Frank would come and pick up Kendra and Alayna would always waddle over to say "hello." Frank would pick her up and say "hello" back. Well, after a few (maybe 3, 4 at the most!) dates, Frank came over and Alayna began her normal greeting but instead of saying hello, she said "Uncle". I was shocked. I hadn't taught her that word, so where did she pick it up from. But Kendra was MORTIFIED. She thought I had told Alayna to say that to embarrass her but I truly hadn't done so. I guess Alayna just knew he would be the one. Good Pick, Alayna. And it was all down hill from there on out.


Frank always thinks to include Alayna in his family events. Even with his sister's family in the L.A. area. Because of Frank friendship and love, Alayna's been to Hawai'i when she was 5 years old, New York and D.C. when she was 7 years old. L.A hundreds of times, Disneyland, countless, and many other fun trips.

Frank had helped Alayna develop a wide interest in music. You'd be surprised at all the stuff she listens to. She's always wanting to check out Frank's newest downloads. I love that she's not stuck in just one genre like most teenagers are. They are constantly checking in with each other to see who's heard the latest. Frank really knows how to keep up, too.

WE LOVE YOU  FRANK!!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, what a great post!!! Happy Birthday Frank. You really are one of the best!!!!

Kelly Jensen said...

Happy Birthday Super Frank!!!!

Britney said...

You're such a nice sister in law!

Happy birthday to frank!

Kendra said...

A little late in commenting but... what a fun guy! Who is he anyways?! Whoever he is, his family is awfully lucky to have him! He is a hard worker and sacrifices so much for them all. Our congratulations to him! ;-)