Monday, May 19, 2008

My Maria

Maria and I met in 2002. I was beginning my first year at Castro. I had an incredibly sweet 3rd grade class. Luckily, those students had wonderfully sweet parents. Maria and I became friends really fast. I've never maintained a friendship with a parent like I have with Maria. She is probably one of the most kind, generous, funny, gentle people I've know. We are sisters. We laugh because we are just 7 months apart. We totally get each other. She can tell when I'm having a bad day, always knows how to make me laugh. We share our daughter stories with each other and give each other advice.

I am so lucky because I get to see her almost everyday. How many people also get to work with their best friend? I do! Maria works in my room with me with sweet little "Charlie." She is so amazing with him, instinctive.

I enjoy every work day when I get to be with her.

Another thing that is special out of our friendship is that our daughters have become best friends, too! And they are 7 months apart as well as me and Maria. Crazy!

Alayna and Sharon are always finding ways of getting together in the evening and the weekends. The only time I can get Alayna to come to one of my school's events is if Sharon is coming. We took these pictures at a Cinco de Mayo celebration at Castro. Sharon is so much like Alayna. Smart (of course, I was her teacher!), funny, witty, self-cofident, a little naughty. They are just like sisters, too!

I love them both so much.

I am grateful for their friendship.
I treasure every minute we get with each other.
Sharon and Maria - You are the best of the best!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Awww!! A best friend is a must! Glad you have Maria! You are correct that she is the best!

Britney said...

That is SO fun! I love that story! She sounds like a great friend, but you also sound like a great friend to her too.

You are both lucky!