Sunday, May 18, 2008

I wanted the daisies


For Mother's Day, I wanted to drive to Asti.  A visit to a furrow of trees that outlines a vineyard where I had had been with Alayna 14 years ago.  I had taken her picture in a some trees and in this amazing field of daisies.  I wanted the same pictures but 14 years later.  And she came without complaining!

We found the trees but not the flowers!  I was heartbroken.  I must of driven up and down the same road 3 or 4 times repeating "I know it was around here."  I was so disappointed that the flowers didn't come to fruition but we had a lot of fun playing with the camera and being silly.


I am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter.  She's witty, kind, generous, thoughtful, smart, goofy, uninhibited, and the best thing I done in my life.   Just look at her!  It only takes a few minutes of getting to know her how special she is.

She just radiates all the things I love most about her!  From the tips of her fingers to the tips of her toes.  



Thanks Alayna for taking this mini-adventure with me.  You are so much fun!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I remember you sending me the daisy pictures when I was on my mission! CUTE! Too bad they weren't there but the pictures you still got some cute pictures 14 years later!